Expert Advice on How To Win At Slots
Video slots have always been the most attractive games to play in online casinos. Millions of people play them daily, entertaining themselves and hoping to hit a big reward. Although many people play them, not many know how these games work and how they can increase their chances of winning. An important thing to know is that slots are based purely on luck, so you cannot shift the winning odds in your favour. However, learning some essential things in this article will help you to apply the correct slot machine strategy.
How Do Online Slots Work?
Before you learn how to beat slot machines, you should first understand how slot machines work. All casino slots have a Random Number Generator (RNG) software installed, which generates random numbers and ultimately decides the outcome of spins.
The RNGs in slot machines are not perfect, but they are as close to random as possible, ensuring the fairness of games. Also, all slot machines are regularly inspected and audited by supervisory bodies to ensure that no player will ever be cheated when playing.
Suppose you play slots developed by the most reputable iGaming providers such as Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, PragmaticPlay, Quickspin, Yggdrasil, or other highly respected brands. In that case, you should never worry about the random number generator and its fairness.
Volatility and Percentages of a Slot Game
When you know that all types of slots are random and based on luck, you might wonder why people still lose that often when they play them? Rest assured that it is not about some conspiracy plot by online casino sites and slot makers, but that is because of the payout percentages and odds of winning.
By comparing slots winning percentages to table games such as blackjack, baccarat, or roulette, you will see that the RTP percentage (return-to-player) is much lower in slots. Most casino slot games have an average RTP between 94% and 96%. In general, you should always play online slot games with an RTP above 96%, as they are the most profitable ones to play.
Remember that slots are playing very quickly. You have to have reasonable control of the betting sizes you make while playing. Otherwise, you risk burning your money quickly.
Beginning players who do not understand slot volatility well may choose the wrong slot to play, leading to disastrous losing streaks and utter disappointment. To prevent that, always choose slot games that do not promise huge payouts unless you risk a lot to try winning big.
All online casinos mark their slots as low, medium, and high volatility slots. You can find this information in the rules of each slot game, so always check it before playing. If your bankroll is limited and you want to play longer, then a good idea would be to play a low volatility slot.
Picking the Right Slot Machine To Play
Regardless of which online casino you choose to play in, choosing the right slots to play is of utmost importance to increase your chances of winning. If you browse around in the game libraries of online casinos, you will quickly notice that each online slot has a specific RTP percentage, clearly visible to players. Interestingly, slot games coming from the same game developers may have different RTPs.
The fact is that many online casino players never really pay attention to the RTP. Still, RTP should never be ignored because RTP determines how much money a player loses per certain amount wagered. If you want to win at slots, the first step is to pick a slot game that has a high RTP.
Finally, avoid playing online slots on which people have previously lost money. That is a good indicator that that particular slot has a lower RTP than others, which is why people lose money on it.
Types of Slots in Online Casinos
Whether it is an online casino or a land-based casino, they all offer different slots for players. A few decades ago, there were just a few basic types of slot machines, but the online casino industry has revolutionized these games, and now we can find all kinds of slots. The following are the main types of online slots you can find in online casinos.
- Penny Slots - Simple paytable slots where you can play for just a few pennies per spin. The penny slot machine is ideal for beginners because you are not risking much and still, can win reasonable amounts.
- Classic Slots - This type of slot has either three or five reels and up to five paylines. Classic slots do not come with massive payouts but pay out smaller amounts more frequently. Their volatility is low to medium.
Recommended Classic Slots:
- Video Slots - These Big Win Slots can have hundreds of paylines and are usually equipped with a range of bonus rounds, bonus games, free spins, and other slot bonuses. That is why these slots typically have higher volatility, and their RTP rarely exceeds 95-96%.
Recommended Big Win Video Slots:
- Progressive Jackpot Slots - Progressive slots are higher denomination slots coming with substantial cash prizes. Progressive jackpots go up in the millions and can change people's lives forever. They also have various bonus games and free spins, and their RTP is around 94% or lower. Most online casinos offer at least one or two progressive jackpot slots as these attract lots of players that chase a winning combination that will bring them substantial cash prizes.
Recommended Progressive Jackpot Slots:
- Free Slots - As the name implies it, free slots are good for learning the rules and for practice before proceeding towards real money play. Players should enter free slot competitions before engaging in more serious gameplay.
Recommended Free Slots:
- Megaways Slots - These slots have become hugely popular recently, offering lots of fun and entertainment for players. What sets Megaways slots from others is the high payouts and fantastic bonus features. These types of slots have high volatility and require a bit larger bankroll to play them comfortably.
Recommended Megaways Slots:
If you have already experienced online gambling, you have probably noticed that many types of slots are a hybrid of various kinds. Some online slots cannot be easily classified or put in any of the abovementioned categories. All of them belong to the video slots group, but they come with different features that you will get familiar with as soon as you start playing the particular slot game.
The Main Features of Video Slots
Learning the features of slots is essential as that is a sound basis for you to know later which strategy to apply to win more at them. Casino games like blackjack, roulette, or baccarat require relatively straightforward steps, and there are no complicated things to think about.
However, slots often have more complex mechanics depending on how many bonus features they have. Of course, you can choose to play slots without thinking too much about them, but that might make them quickly boring for you. Since we all want to have fun when online gambling, make sure you learn more about the common features found in the slot machine.
The following are the main features that you will find in video slots. Many modern online casino games have two or more of the mentioned features at the same time, making them thrilling to play.
- Free Spins - This is one of the most popular and common features found almost in every modern slot machine online. Free spins are an amazing feature because players are awarded a certain number of free spins together with multipliers, wilds, and special symbols that can help them create a massive winning combination.
- Wild Symbols - Another common feature of most video slots are the wild symbols. These substitute for other standard symbols in the slot and help players create more winning combinations. Wilds can also become Sticky Wilds in some online slots, remaining in place for the next spin, or moving left or right and creating additional winning combos.
- Multipliers - All online slots have multiplier features that multiply wins. Multipliers can be 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, etc.
- Expanding Reels - This feature is commonly found in modern Megaways slot machines. Reels expand and fill in the row, add more symbols, which leads to higher cash wins.
- Scatters - Scatter symbols usually lead to wins and payouts when they appear anywhere on the reels, regardless of the position. Two or more scatters can lead to instant wins or get players into bonus games where they can win more money.
- Instant Win Games - This feature is found in some slots when at least two bonus symbols land on the reels. Then, a mini-game opens, where players choose between a few objects, later revealing a specific cash prize.
- Both Ways Pay - The majority of online slots pay from left to right. However, some slots have both ways paylines, left to right and right to left.
- All Pays - If the slot game has this feature, there are no paylines. Instead, all symbols are paying from left to right, regardless of where the symbols are located on the reels. That can bring some nice wins with a single spin.
Slot Tips - How to Beat the Slot Machine and Win Money
Now when you know the main things about how slot machines work, their types and features, it is good to receive some tips and advice on how to beat them more often. More wins usually mean more fun, so keep the following things in mind and keep yourself entertained at the casino sites where you play.
1. PLAY ONLINE SLOTS WITH A HIGHER RTP
To improve the odds in your favour, the important thing is to select a slot machine that has good odds. Remember that not all slots are made equal or have exact same RTP, even if they come from the same game provider. You can easily find games with a high RTP when you visit the game provider's website, head to each slot game, and read the basic information about them. It might be more challenging to find slot machines with higher payouts in brick and mortar casinos, but you can consult some of the frequent players or casino employees on that.
2.CHOOSE A SLOT MACHINE OF YOUR PREFERENCE
This is another important thing because online gambling should be primarily about having fun. Of course, you are playing to win, but if you get bored playing, that can lead to making some poor decisions which can prove to be costly. For example, bored players tend to increase their bets to the max just to experience an extra thrill which can be detrimental to their bankroll. Therefore, pick and play online slots that excite and entertain you. Keep in mind - players win more when playing slots they enjoy because that gives them the calmness to play a bit slower and not make rash decisions. Big wins do not come often, so play slowly and be patient before the right spin brings you good cash prizes.
3.KEEP YOUR BETS REASONABLE
When you gamble online, your bankroll is your only tool. That is why you should have a decent bankroll for the specific level you are playing at. The good thing today is that slots come with a range of betting options, so everyone can find a suitable slot to play at their level. Remember that your bets should be in direct correlation with your bankroll. If you have $50 to start with, do not start betting at $1 per spin. That is a shortcut to getting your bankroll depleted right away. Start slowly, learn the mechanics of the slots online and then gradually move up as your bankroll grows.
4.RUN YOUR MONEY UP
Start with a small deposit and try to run up your money with smaller bets. If you have a good day and get lucky, you can turn that amount into something bigger. Even if you start losing, it will not hurt you much, which is why it is always better to start small with penny slots before you start playing a progressive jackpot slot machine. Gradually moving up is wise advice that any experienced gambler can give to a beginner, so follow the path of successful slot machine gamblers and keep your bets small in the beginning.
5.TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CASINO BONUSES
To get the most out of a slot machine, you should definitely take advantage of exclusive bonuses and free spins bonuses, as well as the welcome bonus that almost every casino gives to its players. For example, you will get an extra casino bonus money to explore more slot games and win at slots more with a match deposit bonus. This way, you can also increase the stakes and win larger amounts. Besides that, make sure you use all your free spins and bonus games granted in a particular slot. These are very exciting, and bonus games certainly lead to higher wins and tasty cash prizes.
6.HAVE A STOP-LOSS LIMIT
Slot machines are exciting, fun, pay well, and are the most attractive games to play in casinos. However, playing slots can also be dangerous if you do not know when to stop. It is very easy to get carried away. That is why the good idea is to follow a stop-loss limit for every gambling session and never exceed it. The reason to have this limit is that if you go over it, you are not likely to turn back. The chances are high that you will start chasing your losses, leading to more losses and disappointment. Therefore, always play for a specific period and never go over it.
Which online slots should I play to win more?
The easiest thing to do is pick a slot with a higher RTP (above 96%), as these slots payout more frequently. Also, make sure you pick online slots that are packed with bonus rounds, free spins, and other features that can bring you wins without investing.
Can I win real money playing an online slot machine?
Yes, of course! Real money casinos have slot machines that pay real money prizes as well. Slots have different payout tables, depending on how much you wager on them. Play slot machines, and you certainly can win real money in casinos.
Which slot machines have the best winning odds?
All slots have different odds of winning. Classic slots have lower volatility and payout a bit better than progressive slots. However, that is not a rule as many modern progressive slot machines have a high RTP too.
How can I increase my chances of winning in a progressive jackpot slot machine?
To win in a progressive jackpot slot machine, you have to use the maximum bet on each spin. That is why you need a bigger bankroll when you play such games. If you do have a good starting bankroll - bet max per spin to increase your chances of winning the highest progressive jackpots.
What can I do to win consistently at video slots?
Slots are based on luck, so there is no sure way of winning consistently. Just like with all other casino games, the slot's odds are always in favour of the house. However, winning sessions are common, at least short-term, so just play and have fun.
How long should I play to win at slots?
Every online gamer has different expectations when playing a slot machine, but everyone wants to win at slots. The risk is lower the less you play, but we all play our favourite slot machine to have fun and possibly win money. The only advice here is to play as long as you feel comfortable playing.