Ekstrapoint is a product designed to offer free entertainment. However, Ekstrapoint also promotes online casinos as a part of its affiliate marketing vertical, and that is why the team behind Ekstrapoint is very strict about responsible gambling.
The importance of responsible gambling practices is a first when joining Ekstrapoint. It doesn’t matter whether you are a new player on Ekstrapoint or a seasoned veteran. What matters is that you engage with the content on Ekstrapoint and in the entire online casino world with extreme precaution.
That is why we designed the Responsible Gambling page where our team collected the most valuable resources to prevent gambling addiction and to teach safe gambling practices. On this page, you will meet the Ekstrapoint foundations of responsible gamblings, warning signs of gambling addiction, physical symptoms, triggers, the psychology behind addiction, and the most addictive forms of gambling.
Should you recognize any of these symptoms in your behavior, please ask for professional help.
Ekstrapoint foundations of responsible gambling
Gambling is never a source of income.
You’ve come across the idea that you can make a living out of gambling?
Stop right there.
Gambling is unpredictable. You can gamble 9-5, but you will not get a paycheck out of it.
The nature of gambling is based on odds.
If you didn’t know it until now, most of the time the house wins.
Gambling should only be pursued as a form of entertainment.
We reckon that gambling offers a thrill. Quite a big one considering that you can actually win.
This is where gambling must stop. It is a form of entertainment and should be seen as such only.
Nothing more, nothing less.
When gambling, you must use a limited amount of money only! Be prepared that you might lose this money!
Whether it’s a land-based casino or an online one, you should prepare in the same way.
A limited amount of money and nothing more.
While you play, there is a possibility you will catch some big wins. And this usually amplifies the adrenaline and brings you to a breaking point.
So, remember, if you were ready to spend 50$, leave the casino with only 50$ spent.
Gambling must never be an escape from real-life problems and challenges.
In middle school, math is one of the subjects that causes the most pain to students.
When you hit a more serious age, you come across housing loans, renovations, pain-in-the-ass discussions with your boss, and etc.
And guess what?
Gambling will never solve any of that.
It never was a solution to any problem.
It never will be.
The first step in solving problem gambling is talking about it. Don’t be afraid to take the first step and speak loudly.
Which organization can help Canadians to find gambling help?
One of the oldest Canadian organizations established as a prominent stakeholder in resolving problem gambling is the Responsible Gambling Council (RGC).
If you find yourself entangled in a problem gambling manner, you should definitely look up a gambling counselor. Gambling counselors in Canada offer free and confidential help.
Local help for problem gambling in Canada
In Canada, you can find help in the following areas:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- New Foundland
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Yukon Territory
Please find the contact information on the following page: List of the Gamling Addiction help organizations in different territories
What is problem gambling?
Problem gambling signifies a condition where gambling activity begins to detrimentally affect a person’s overall life. It transcends the realm of wagering money, manifesting through various negative outcomes. Problem gambling emerges when it:
- Interferes with daily activities: Work, school, and other responsibilities take a backseat to gambling pursuits.
- Damages mental and physical health: Emotional turmoil and stress-related health issues arise due to excessive gambling.
- Jeopardizes financial stability: Severe financial strain arises from the continuous pursuit of gambling activities.
- Taints personal reputation: Problem gambling may lead to dishonesty, theft, or other unethical behaviors.
- Strains relationships: Family and friends are adversely affected by the individual’s gambling behavior.
Recognizing Behavioral Signs of Problem Gambling
Identifying problem gambling necessitates attention to distinct behavioral indicators. These signs provide insight into the extent of a person’s gambling-related issues:
Neglecting Enjoyable Activities
- The person stops participating in activities once enjoyed, focusing solely on gambling.
Missed Family Events
- Commitments to family gatherings and events are disregarded due to gambling preoccupation.
Altered Sleep, Eating, or Sexual Patterns
- Gambling disrupts regular routines, affecting sleep, eating habits, or sexual activities.
- Work, school, or familial responsibilities are neglected due to excessive gambling.
Conflicts over Money
- Disagreements and tensions arise in relationships due to financial strains from gambling losses.
Increased Substance Use
- Alcohol or drug consumption escalates as a coping mechanism for gambling-related stress.
- The person’s preoccupation with gambling leads to inadequate care for children.
Constant Thoughts about Gambling
- Gambling occupies the person’s thoughts persistently, affecting focus on other matters.
Reduced Spending on Non-Gambling Activities
- Money once spent on leisure activities is diverted to gambling pursuits.
Dishonesty or Theft
- Resorting to deceitful practices or theft to fund gambling habits or repay debts.
These behavioral signs collectively serve as a red flag for problem gambling. Their presence suggests that the individual’s gambling activity is evolving into a more severe issue, impacting multiple aspects of their life.
Remember, understanding problem gambling and its behavioral signs is crucial for intervention and recovery. By acknowledging the problem and seeking assistance, individuals can regain control of their lives and mend relationships strained by the grip of excessive gambling.
This content was based on information provided by the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH). To learn more about problem gambling, its signs, and available support, please visit CAMH. If you or someone you know is in need of help related to problem gambling, the Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline is accessible 24/7.
Do you suspect your family member or relative to have a gambling problem?
If you suspect that a person from your close family might have a gambling problem, follow this simple checklist prepared by the Canada Safety Council.
- Is your family member or colleague often late for work or school?
- Are they gone for long unexplained periods?
- Do they neglect responsibilities, and make excuses?
- Have they withdrawn from family and friends?
- Do they have mood swings and sudden outbursts of anger?
- Is there less money available, even though income has not changed?
- Is money missing from the house or from bank accounts?
- Are they secretive and bad-tempered about money?
- Do they have money conflicts with others?
- Do they talk about gambling all the time?
- Do they lie about gambling?
If your gut feeling tells you that your family member or relative might have a gambling problem, never outburst in anger. This situation requires a calm approach. The first thing to do is to bring the problem to the surface and talk about it. No judgments. Try to talk your way into introducing counseling as an option to reclaim control again.
Physical Symptoms of Gambling
Beyond the psychological aspects, gambling addiction can manifest in physical symptoms. These signs can indicate the toll that excessive gambling is taking on your well-being:
- Nausea, headaches, and physical discomfort.
- Digestive issues, including diarrhea.
- Loss of appetite leading to weight loss.
- Sleep problems, including insomnia.
Understanding these physical symptoms can help you recognize the potential negative impact of gambling on your health.
For further insights, visit Life Works – Gambling Addiction Symptoms.
Triggers of Gambling Addiction
Awareness of the triggers that can lead to gambling addiction is crucial for maintaining control over your gaming habits. Common triggers include:
- Stress and emotional distress, which gambling might be used to cope with.
- Easy accessibility to online gambling platforms.
- Social isolation, where gambling offers a sense of excitement and connection.
- Financial difficulties, leading to a belief that gambling can provide a solution.
- High reward frequency in games, leading to addictive behavior.
Recognizing these triggers empowers you to make informed decisions about your gambling habits.
For more details, visit Mayo Clinic – Compulsive Gambling Causes.
The Most Addictive Form of Gambling
While all forms of gambling have addictive potential, certain types are particularly captivating. For instance, electronic forms of gambling, such as online slots, have been found to be more addictive due to their rapid gameplay and high reward frequency. Continuous games that allow multiple bets at once can also increase the risk of addiction.
To learn more, visit Castle Craig – Which Types of Gambling Is Most Addictive.
If you decide to play at some of Ekstrapoint’s partner casinos, please remember this advice and beware of the slot games and the effect of the rewards dynamics.
The Psychology of Gambling Addiction
Understanding the psychology behind gambling addiction sheds light on its complexity. Like addictive substances, gambling triggers the brain’s reward system, releasing dopamine that reinforces pleasurable sensations. Unlike other addictions, gambling often involves cognitive distortions, where individuals convince themselves that continued gambling will lead to eventual wins.
In an article, Dr. Timothy W. Fong, clinical professor of Psychiatry at the Jane and Terry Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior at UCLA, explained that “like addictive drugs such as cocaine, heroin, nicotine and alcohol, gambling activates the brain’s reward system, which is powered by dopamine. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter inside the brain that reinforces sensations of pleasure and connects those sensations to certain behaviors or actions.”
To delve deeper into the psychology, visit UCLA Health – Gambling Addiction and Psychological Health Challenges.
Play responsibly for your well-being!
At Ekstrapoint.com, we emphasize responsible gambling as a foundation for an enjoyable gaming experience. Recognizing the early warning signs, understanding physical symptoms, staying aware of triggers, and comprehending the psychological aspects of gambling addiction are vital for maintaining control.
By engaging in responsible gambling practices, you can ensure that your gaming remains a positive and controlled pastime.
Remember, if you or someone you know is struggling with gambling addiction, support is available. Prioritizing your well-being is our mission, and together, we can foster a safer gambling environment for all.