Where Did It Start: History of Online Casinos and Game Providers
The invention of the Internet has led to the growth of several different businesses, including the online gambling industry. Here is how it all came to be what it is today.
Background of Online Casinos
The entire concept first saw the day of light in the 90s. But the options players had back then are quite different than the ones they enjoy today. It was then that the Internet grew, and many land-based operations started creating virtual counterparts. As far as we know, the place where the first online casino originated is the Island Antigua and Barbuda in the Caribbean. It was all because they successfully passed the Free Trade and Processing Act, which gave their government the opportunity to grant licenses to businesses that were interested in operating online casinos. Without realizing it then, this island has started a brand new industry that will only grow in popularity and revenue.
Game Providers That Rose to Fame
In that period, one of the most prominent software providers today – Microgaming, was when it first started to gain popularity. Since then, this company has blossomed so much that today’s online gambling world recognizes it as the leader when it comes to virtual games. The software they offer for online casinos supports almost all gambling websites and all types of games.
Technology was different back then and not as nearly advanced as today. As a result, the game options, graphics, and the entire experience were not as exciting as today, but people did enjoy it and helped it survive and improve through all of these years. The year 1998 was when poker first saw its online version. And, as expected, it was a big hit. Even then, the online casino market was worth millions – $830 million, to be more precise. Then came the multiplayer options for online gambling. This was the start of the trend we all love and enjoy currently – the MMORPGs (online role-playing games).
The transition into modern times has been made possible by several game providers who strive to create better design, more options, amazing graphics, and all this to satisfy the player. The platforms that current providers create are state-of-the-art and one of the main reasons why this industry keeps growing. For instance, NetEnt started in the 90s too, but they are still one of the top game providers today. The strong competition was a motivation for them to find ways to stay in the game. They have 3D designs and are reliable and safe to use and play with.
Some other names worth mentioning are GammaStack, Play’n’Go, BetSoft, Genesys, Playtech, IGT, Odobo, and a few others that have truly revolutionized the online gambling industry. The number of quality casinos out there is enormous, and most of them rely on some of these software providers. It is a crucial factor that helps them stay relevant, provide a safe user experience, and make sure that for each problem the online casino may face, the software and game providers have a functional solution up their sleeve.
Statistics: Important Information From Around the World
Let’s start with the big picture. The gambling industry’s value is high, this has already been determined, and there is no need to explain this fact further. One good thing that has come out of the COVID-19 pandemic is the growth of the online gambling industry. It has an enormous impact – the restrictions many countries have imposed have limited people’s movement and basically forced them to stay home. By doing so, people started looking for entertainment options; online casinos offer that and much more.
Regarding the type of gambling options available on the market, you can choose from online sports betting, quality casinos, bingo, poker, and many others. In 2019, sports betting saw a rise like never before. It definitely dominated the online gambling market. But things slightly changed in 2020. Even though the pandemic helped the rise of this market, major sports events still had to be cancelled due to restrictions. This indeed had a negative effect on sports betting income.
Online poker, on the other hand, is continuously on the rise. The pandemic affected land-based casinos negatively, but their online counterparts are thriving. Another factor that nudged the market in the right direction is convenience. Players can enjoy poker and various other different games from the comfort and security of their own homes. Priceless! And while on the topic of games, players can enjoy slots, poker (as stated above), sports betting, lottery, bingo, and many more.
Looking Forward to the Future
And as for the future? Up is the only way the online gambling world is going. Currently, there is no other industry out there that can match the growth of online gambling, and more and more brands are competing to attract players’ attention and make the entire gambling journey more exciting and worth coming back for. The last factor many forget to mention that has a huge role in the growing tendency is the increased presence of female gamblers. The number of players worldwide grows – the industry grows. It is as simple as that.
Luckily for all players, online casinos today strive to perfect the journey and make it simple and safe. Be mindful of frauds and scammers. If you aren’t sure about how trustworthy an online casino is, you should read online reviews. These come with useful information that will help you choose the casino that is most favourable for you. Some quality casinos include names like Gratorama, Jackie Jackpot, Winorama, Wildz, and many more. If you have doubts, you know what to do. Check out the reviews and see for yourself why these would make a good choice.
How to Win: Tips and Tricks to Help You Master the Best Games
What matters here is that you completely understand that you can’t win all the time. However, there are some tips and tricks that will help you to get there. Here are the most important ones for several popular games.
Slots – Dos and Don’ts
If you want to succeed when playing slots, it is crucial you understand that knowledge is power. Slots are a game of chance, and you can’t do much to improve your luck. But you can follow the tips listed below and improve your chances by a mile. Let’s cut to the point.
- Choose the slot machine carefully. Slot machines differ. There can be differences in themes, sounds, features, and symbols. And let’s not forget RTP. The Return to Player rates. These differ too, and you are advised to go for one that has a high RTP since it means more money for you.
- Study the paytable. Each slot machine has a different pay table. This part of the machine shows the symbols’ worth and whether this type of game has scatters or wilds (additional winning options)
- Stick to your budget. This is maybe the essential piece of advice. Set your budget limit before you start playing, and stick to it. First, know the maximum amount you are ready and able to spend, then start spinning the reels. It should never go the other way around. If you do reach the maximum, stop. Try your luck and strategies another day.
Poker Strategies to Help You Win
What follows is a list that poker players should abide by. First, learn the rules (of course), and then read the tips to help you become a master.
- Play fewer hands aggressively. If you play with too many hands, chances are you will spend all your chips in no time. Sure, it may pay off, but you need to have a strategy in place, not just play without thinking. One of the best methods here is to play fewer strong hands, and you need to have a more aggressive approach while doing it. If you play this way the entire time, even when you don’t have the best hand, it will be more difficult for opponents to read your cards and predict your hand.
- Bluff Aggressively. Bluffing is undoubtedly one of the best methods to crush poker. However, it can be one of the fastest ways to lose chips if you don’t do it right. So, how to control the whole bluffing situation? Let the cards tell you what to do. Namely, you should bluff more aggressively if you have a hand that has a chance to improve later in the game. These include straight or flush draws or an over-card or two to the board.
The Right Tips to Rule Blackjack
As seen above, there isn’t one way to win, and luck still has a lot to do with it. The same goes for blackjack too. However, read through the following tips and try and create your own strategy.
- Start with fundamental strategies. One of the most effective ways to cut the house edge from 1 or 2 to 0.5% is to memorize the right moment when you need to hit, stand, split, or double. Here are some pointers you need to know:
- Stand when you have 12-16 in your hand, and the dealer has 2-6.
- Hit when your hand is 12-16, and the dealer has 7-Ace
- Always split Aces and 8s
- Double 11 versus the dealer’s 2-10
- Hit or double Aces-6
- Check the dealer-up card. What the dealer has should determine what your next action should be. Does he have a bad card (2 through 6) or a good one (7 through Ace)? Make sure you take notice of this the next time you play.
- Don’t gamble more than you can afford. Just like with any other online casino game, always make sure you have a limit and don’t over it. You don’t want to associate the experience with being broke. Even if you lose, it is different from losing an amount put aside for this thrilling journey, and it is a whole different one if you go completely broke.
Security Tips: Things to Do to Avoid Scams and Frauds
The entire concept of online gambling and online casinos is enjoyable only if you feel safe while playing. Most options out there are quality casinos, but there is no harm in knowing a few things that will help you stay away from fraud and scams. Here are a few to get you started.
- Always make sure you check the licensing information regarding the online casino
- Don’t accept bonuses and prizes blindly; read the terms and conditions
- Check the payment methods and make sure they are trustworthy
- Opt for games from respected software providers and developers
- Test the customer support before your start gambling
- Do the research and read online casino reviews
A Few Final Thoughts
It is safe to say that gambling online has a unique feel, and it is, without a doubt, an enjoyable activity as a whole. It is a thrilling experience that can bring you a lot of money. There are times when you can lose too.
That is why it is important that you challenge yourself and create strategies that fit the games you like. Please read through our suggestions, make your own, and try to find the perfect method that will help you win. And never forget – you still need a pinch of luck to get all the way to the top. If today is not your day, be patient, and try again when you feel lucky. Good luck, and most importantly – have fun!